Monday, January 10, 2011

1st Trimester Comes to a Close

Wow, I can't believe how fast time is flying! Today we had our 13wk check up with our OB/Gyn. It is so weird to think that I am already 3 months pregnant though my growing belly makes it hard to deny.

There were no pictures of baby today... we won't get that again until week 2o. We did however get to hear the heart beat. Our little one came in with a strong rapid beat of 163! It is so comforting to be able to hear the beating heart of our baby since I can not yet feel its movement to know everything is okay.

Wednesday January 12th is the date Dieter and I have set to spread the word at work and to anyone else who does not already know. I will be announcing the news at my faculty meeting after school and then posting a link to our blog on facebook that evening.

Prayers are always appreciated. This is such an exciting time but I can't help but feel nervous too.

Also as a side note, Dieter's step-brother Greg and his wife Amirah could really use some prayers. Amirah gave birth to their daughter Aara Sunday at 23 wks (17wks early). Aara weighed 1lb 6oz at birth. I can't imagine what they are going through but I know they would appreciate as many prayers for their sweet little girl as they can get. I don't know any details at this time but if I find anything out specific I will add it to my post.

Thanks for stopping by,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment