Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm a "Stay at Home Mom" !


 
    Okay, so I am not really a Stay at Home Mom but for eight glorious weeks I get to pretend like I am.  I guess you could say that is one of the perks to being a teacher and having a majority of the summer off.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of the little guy on his first day of daycare but here he is right before we left on his last day until August!


Since we were going to be out of town on Father's Day weekend we decided to make an early visit to see Great Grandpa and take him out to lunch.  It is really hard on me going to the house since my grandmother passed away in December but I sure cherish the time we get to spend with Grandpa. Over the past few months he has been talking about a truck that he wants to make for our little guy.  Well this time when we went to visit him he surprised us with a beautiful hand-made and painted truck bank.  The best part... it actually rolls!  The little guy had a blast rolling it around the house and getting coins from Grandpa's pocket to fill it.




Since my time off is short lived I am determined to make the most of it.  I have already signed us up for weekly toddler play group at the library as well as weekly swim lessons.  I’m mostly looking forward to all the extra play time and cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment